We are a high technology leader. End users, engineers, and contractors often seek us out for their most difficult and challenging projects because of our reputation for technical competency and excellence.
We represent the following manufacturers:
- Ansul, division of Tyco
- Buckeye Fire Equipment Company
- Eaton Cooper Notification Solutions
- Fire-Lite Alarms, division of Honeywell
- Janus Fire Systems
- Kidde-Fenwal, division of UTC Climate, Controls & Security
- Notifier, division of Honeywell
- Potter Electric Signal Company
- Protectowire Fire Systems
- Securiplex LLC
- Stat-X, division of Fireaway, Inc.
- Xtralis/VESDA PRO Client
We sell, design, install, inspect, test, and maintain the following:
Fire Alarm Systems
- Automatic fire detection
- High sensitivity aspirating smoke detection (VESDA)
- High rise voice communication
- Computerized monitoring graphic annunciation
- Mass notification emergency communication
- Central station monitoring
Clean Agent Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems
Specialized Fire Suppression Systems
- Water mist fire systems
- Foam systems
- Dry Chemical
- Preaction, deluge, dry, and wet sprinkler
- Nitrogen generating for sprinkler corrosion control
- Kitchen hood extinguishing systems
Portable Fire Extinguishers
A fire extinguisher is an active fire protection device used to extinguish or control small fires, often in emergency situations. It is not intended for use on an out-of-control fire, such as one which has reached the ceiling, endangers the user (i.e., no escape route, smoke, explosion hazard, etc.), or otherwise requires the expertise of a fire department. Typically, a fire extinguisher consists of a hand-held cylindrical pressure vessel containing an agent which can be discharged to extinguish a fire.
Fire extinguishers in all commercial buildings are generally required to be serviced and inspected by a fire protection service company, like United Fire Protection, at least annually. Some jurisdictions, however, may require more frequent service for fire extinguishers. The standard that governs portable fire extinguishers is NFPA 10, Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers.
A fire pump is a part of a fire sprinkler system’s water supply and can be powered by electric, diesel or steam. The pump intake is either connected to the public underground water supply piping, or a static water source (e.g., tank, reservoir, lake). The pump provides water flow at a higher pressure to the sprinkler system risers and hose standpipes. A fire pump is tested and listed for its use specifically for fire service by a nationally recognized testing laboratory and listing agency, such as UL or FM Global. The standard that governs fire pump installations is the National Fire Protection Association’s NFPA 20, Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection.
A jockey pump is a small pump connected to a fire sprinkler system and is intended to maintain pressure in a fire protection piping system to an artificially high level so that the operation of a single fire sprinkler will cause a pressure drop which will be sensed by the fire pump automatic controller, causing the fire pump to start. The jockey pump is essentially a portion of the fire pump’s control system. The applicable standard for a jockey pump is NFPA 20.
Fire pumps and jockey pumps are inspected per NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems.
Inspection, Test & Maintenance
From our early beginnings, we recognized that long term customer service relationships would form the cornerstone of our business. In keeping with our philosophy of growing our business by always doing the right thing, we have enhanced our reputation and grown our service account base to more than 8,000 systems.
We have invested more than a million dollars in our computerized service management system that provides our customers with the following features and benefits:
- Automatic inspection scheduling
- Computer generated paperless inspection and service forms that are easy to read and understand
- Each system within a building has its own reports and dedicated file for record purposes
- Clear and understandable billing
- Automated insurance certificate submission
- Wireless dispatch and reporting for fast turnaround
- We have an office staff of twelve persons that are dedicated to customer service support.
- We provide 24 x 7 service with a guaranteed maximum 4-hour response to any service request.
- Secure backup and redundancy: Our Web-based off-site redundant servers provide instantaneous disaster recovery. When Superstorm Sandy hit, we and our customers were able to operate with no loss in communication and full access to important records. From a remote location, we were able to respond to all customer requests for service.
- We have depth which includes 40 qualified field technical persons and 50 equipped service vehicles.
- Our field technicians receive bi-annual factory authorized and continuous in-house training.
- We are a facilities based portable extinguisher and clean agent recharge facility.
- We invest heavily in modern tools and equipment. Some of our equipment includes: room integrity test equipment, hi-lo lifts, flame detector simulator, gas detection simulator, smoke detection sensitivity meters, dB meters, CCTV simulator, halogen leak detectors, borescope internal pipe camera, pipe wall thickness measurement meter, backflow preventer test tool, hose monster fire pump flow test apparatus, and pressure reducing valve test apparatus.
Our ten person design/engineering staff is fully CAD capable including BIM 3D modeling. The department is led by a seasoned veteran with 25 years of experience in fire protection technology.
Contact us today for more information about why you should choose United Fire Protection Corporation to be your Fire Protection Company.